Call For Paper
Springer Book: Security of Cyber-Physical System: Vulnerability and Impact
Cyber-physical Systems (CPSs) have become an emerging paradigm for controlling and managing the ever-growing number of cyber-connected devices. A CPS is known as the new generation of mix systems consisting of computational and physical capabilities. CPSs are subject to security threats that exploit their increased complexity and connectivity to critical infrastructure systems. They suffer from, not only the attacks targeting today’s networked systems, but also new ones such as a sensitive device e.g., a controller of a power plant can be manipulated to launch various attacks such as the device state inference attack, leading to system instability. Therefore, any effort towards securing the emerging CPSs and protecting their data privacy is of paramount importance.
This handbook focuses on cutting-edge research from both the academia and industry, with an emphasis on the scientific foundations and engineering techniques for securing critical CPS and their underlying computing and communicating systems. Utility networks, transportation systems, and wireless communication and sensor networks are examples of such infrastructures. Providing a fundamental and theoretical background with a clear, comprehensive overview of security issues in CPS is useful for students in the fields of information technology, computer science/engineering, or electrical engineering. Specifically, this book welcomes two categories of papers: (1) invited articles from qualified experts; and (2) contributed papers from open call with a list of addressed topics. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Application of machine learning and artificial intelligence in cyber security of CPS
- Threat intelligence techniques for detecting, and reacting against cyber-attacks in CPS
- Intelligent event monitoring and situation awareness in CPS
- Intelligent analysis of different types of data collected from different layers of networks in CPS
- Interpretation of cyber threats in CPS utilising intelligent data analysis techniques
- Adaptive attack mitigation and threat modelling for CPS
- Consequence and sensitivity analysis against cyber-attacks in CPS
- Submission deadline: 1 Oct 2019
- Authors’ notification: 1 Nov 2019 (or 1-month after submission)
- Camera-ready version due: 1 Dec. 2019
- Tentative publication date: March 2020
To submit, please email your paper to hkarimi [at] uoguelph.ca .
All accepted papers will be published as contributed chapters to a book titled “Security of Cyber-Physical System: Vulnerability and Impact“. Please carefully format your manuscript in accordance with Springer Book Manuscript Guideline.
For any inquiries regarding your submission or suitability of your paper, please feel free to contact book editors:
- Hadis Karimipour, School of Engineering, University of Guelph, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pirathayini Srikantha, Western University, London,E-mail: email@example.com
- Hany Farag, York University, Toronto, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jin Wei-Kocsis, University of Akron, E-mail: email@example.com